Friday, August 6, 2010

2 Days of Summer...readysetgo!

Tony and I met in college. Then we moved to Bloomington, Indiana where he began a post-bac, pre-med program and I eventually attended three years of law school. Then we moved to Indianapolis where he continued his post-bac classes and completed a two-year master's program. Now we've moved to Arizona, while I was studying to take the Arizona bar exam, so that he could start a four-year podiatry program. That will be followed by a three-year residency.

His classes start on Monday. I took the last part of the bar exam this morning.

Do you people know what this means???

It means that for the first time in EIGHT YEARS together Tony and I have a weekend where neither one of us has to study!!!*

I don't think we even know what to do with all that free time. Thank goodness it's only one weekend and then we get back to our normal can-you-come-get-the-cat-out-of-here-he's-bothering-me-I'll-be-out-when-I-finish-this-chapter-and-can-you-bring-me-a-glass-of-water-and-maybe-Tuesday-night's-leftover-eggplant-parm-no-I-didn't-eat-it-for-lunch-yesterday-no-wait-I-did-okay-how-about-some-popcorn?

So what exactly do you non-studying couples DO on weekends?

*This should not be taken to mean that there has never been a weekend where one of us wasn't studying, just that there hasn't been one where one of us was supposed to be studying.