Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kitties Revenge

When I last took Tessie to the vet I told him about a cough that was concerning me. He listened to her symptoms and ruled out anything serious, "just allergies," he told me, "like people get."

Well today, as I changed the sheets on my guest bed (i.e. the cats favorite hangout) and tossed them on the ground, Tess started jumping around and playing in my laundry pile. Almost immediately she went into a fit of coughing, hacking, and sneezing. I picked up the phone and called my vet.

"Is there any chance my dog is allergic to my cats?"
"Sure! Dogs can be allergic to anything!! Just like people!!!"
"Really? Should I get her something for it?"
"Nope! Dogs just deal with it!!!!"
"You're really freakin' perky, what are you on?"

Okay, I didn't really say that last part. But I was thinking it.

So in the end, Milo and Sadie have won. Tess may still be able to pester them over the baby gates protecting various rooms of our house. Or force them off the sunny spots on the floors and up onto the couch. But at least they have an escape from her. She, on the other hand, will never escape the dander and fur that torments her.



*Note: photo not of my pets. Sadie would never get this close to Tess.